Create a stimulating academic environment supported by the latest innovations in technology and informed by best practices, in which faculty members can realize their full potential as educators and scholars.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI): Intermediate goals that monitor progress toward the achievement of the strategic imperative. KPIs will be listed after each strategic imperative.
SI 1: Significantly upgrade academic facilities related to instruction in order to meet or exceed the quality of those at peer institutions.
- KPI 1: Within the first year, develop a master plan to evaluate and prioritize upgrades to academic facilities.
- KPI 2: Increase spending for instruction and academic support to correct significant deficits in these areas and strive to reach our comparison peer averages for instructional and academic support.
- KPI 3: Equip 90 percent of all classrooms with minimum digital technology: internet access, laptop/computer workstations, LCD projectors, screens, and sound systems.
- KPI 4: Allocate sufficient funds to increase library expenditures for provision of research and information resources to meet or exceed the average of our comparative peer institutions.
- KPI 5: Determine and provide the minimum supply budget required by each department.
- KPI 6: Meet the comparative peer average for maintenance, space allocation, ADA standards, and adjacency to faculty offices for instructional spaces.
SI 2: Expand faculty staffing to meet or exceed peer standards for student to faculty ratios, choices of course offerings, and faculty diversity
- KPI 7: Reduce the full-time undergraduate student to faculty ratio for students taking traditional curricula to the current comparison peer average of 15:1 and ensure that the staffing for distance learning meets or exceeds the peer average for instruction.
- KPI 8: Expand the recruitment and retention of new tenured and tenure-track faculty.
- KPI 9: Ensure diversity and equity in faculty appointments with the aid of the Office for Campus Diversity.
SI 3: Offer competitive faculty salaries to recruit and retain the best faculty
- KPI 10: Offer salaries competitive with those offered by our comparative peer institutions.
SI 4: Provide professional development
- KPI 11: Establish a campus center to train faculty in new pedagogical and instructional techniques and technologies that support both traditional and distance delivery of curricula.
- KPI 12: Provide faculty with the infrastructure needed to observe, evaluate, and provide constructive feedback on their instruction.