Office of University Events Management
University Events Management is a new office on campus that plans and executes events promoting the University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s initiatives and goals. We manage a host of annual, University-wide events.
University Events Management is responsible for working collaboratively with other areas on the planning and production of events that may include convocations, commencements, awards programs, groundbreakings, dedications, visiting dignitaries, holiday celebrations, memorial services, recognition events, social events hosted by the President and First Lady, and other major events upholding our University's standards. University Events Management also serves as a source on matters of University protocol, etiquette, and tradition.
Want to promote your event? Review the checklist for sharing your event with the campus and Lafayette community.
What We Can Do for You
University Events Management offers consultation on a variety of planning topics such as setting event goals, objectives, time-lines, budget tracking, venue considerations, and logistics management.
- Create or make recommendations on program content and organization; prepare written briefings; recruit or facilitate speakers/presenters; and develop program agendas.
- Ensure the appropriate tone and appearance of all event-related materials and correspondence.
- Ensure implementation of event objectives in compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Utilize systems and technology to automate elements of event planning, tracking, and production.
- Oversee a University Events Council that will focus on a calendar of events, marketing of events, evaluation of outside vendors, development of resources, training, etc.
- Train and advise The 1898 Ambassadors, a group of the University's outstanding student leaders who will assist with events hosted by the President and First Lady, as well as other high-profile University events.
- Assist with preparation and management of operational budgets while ensuring compliance with University, UL System Board, and State of Louisiana policies.
- Assure accuracy and integrity of event records.
Let us help ensure that your event is a success! For more information on how we can help you, contact:
Director of Special Events
Alumni Affairs Office