Institute a system for shared governance based on trust, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI): Intermediate goals that monitor progress toward the achievement of the strategic imperative. KPIs will be listed after each strategic imperative.
SI 1: Establish a shared governance model that facilitates trust, teamwork, and cross-functional collaboration, and aligns all stakeholders to the Vision and Mission.
- KPI 1: Establish an elected, representative body of governance for each of the primary constituent groups on campus: faculty, students, classified staff, and unclassified staff.
- KPI 2: Establish a University Senate, with representatives from each of the above governance bodies, which will support broad participation in the determination of University initiatives and resource allocations.
- KPI 3 Connect each stakeholder to the primary and support activities that drive University performance toward achieving the Vision.
- KPI 4: Provide each stakeholder with a clearly articulated authority structure and method of performance evaluation, with both tied to the Vision and Mission.
- KPI 5: Align all UL Lafayette committees’ mission, membership, and reporting with the governance model.
SI 2: Provide each level of governance with data analytics capabilities that create a collaborative culture and increase the University’s overall impact.
- KPI 6: Build enterprise-wide data analytics capabilities that provide a wide array of performance metrics that are transparent, based on our Vision and Mission, and broadly embraced.
SI 3: Develop the Human Resources function in support of the Mission and Vision.
- KPI 7: Establish an HR System that will manage all stages of the employment relationship to provide a community of employees focused on achieving the Mission and Vision of the University.
SI 4: Establish a process for continuous academic and nonacademic professional development.
- KPI 8: Cultivate professional development programming that has a measurable impact on improving pedagogical innovation, managerial effectiveness, and essential job skills in support of the effective operation and governance of the University.